Whether you are flying first, business or economy class I’m sure you wanted to keep your electronic alive, to watch your favorite movie, play a game or just chill and listen to your favorite playlist.
But are there any charging outlets on planes?
Generally, to charge your devices on a plane and the power availability will depend on the aircraft and the class you are flying, read the tables below to know which airline provides power outlets.
Keep reading top know if there are charging post on plane and which airlines have charger on their planes.
Let’s kick things off
So Do Planes Have Charging Ports?
At the airports most airlines have charging outlets on their terminals, however, on the airplane unless you are traveling first or business class, most budget and low cots airlines do not have charing outlets or USB ports on their aircraft seats.
Even though if an airlines has power outlets, that will not guaranty that the specific airplane you will board will have the charging outlets, so it is better to check the exact airplane of your flight and what type of outlet it is available on the airplane .
Types Of Outlets Available On Airplanes
I have seen pretty much two type of charging ports that is available on airplane:
- USB power outlets: these types of outlets are built in airplanes seats entertainment systems or armrests, you will only need a standard type-C charger and you are good to go., I personally prefer this one.
- In-seat power outlets: these are the standard power outlets, these outlets are built into seats, and can be found almost on any modern airplane.
- Some airlines provide also portable charging stations in case you wanted to charge several devices one time.
Which Airlines Have Power Outlets and USB Ports?
I did a massive research to find which of the major airlines have power outlets on their aircraft, turned out that only some of the old aircraft like Bombardier and budget airlines that do not have power outlet or USB ports.
|Domestic Fleet||110V power Availability|
|EMB175||All seats or premium seating only (depending on aircraft)|
|A319||Exit row forward|
|A320||Exit row forward|
|737-700||Exit row forward|
|737-800||Exit row forward|
|737 MAX 8||All seats|
|737 MAX 9||All seats|
|International Fleet||100V Power Availability|
|A321 Transcon||All seats|
|Boeing 737-800 and 737 MAX||All seats|
|Boeing 777-200||All seats|
|Boeing 777-300ER||All seats|
|Boeing 787-8||All seats|
|Boeing 787-9||All seats|
|Boeing 737 MAX 8||No|
|Airbus A220-100 (221)||All seats|
|Airbus A220-300 (223)||All seats|
|Airbus A319-100 (319)||All seats|
|Airbus A320-200 (320)||All seats|
|Airbus A321-200 (321)||All seats|
|Airbus A321neo (3NE)||All seats|
|Airbus A330-200 (3M2)||All seats|
|Airbus A330-300||All seats|
|Airbus A330-900neo (339)||All seats|
|Airbus A350-900||All seats|
|Boeing 717-200 (717)||All seats|
|Boeing 737-800 (738)||All seats|
|Boeing 737-900ER||All seats|
|Boeing 757-200||All seats|
|Boeing 757-300 (75Y)||All seats|
|Boeing 767-300ER||All seats|
|Boeing 767-400ER (764)||All seats|
|Bombardier CRJ-700||Not in main cabin|
|Bombardier CRJ-900||All seats|
|Embraer E-170||Not in main cabin|
|Boeing 737-9 MAX||Outlet & USB|
|Boeing 737-900ER||Outlet & USB|
|Boeing 737-900||Outlet & USB|
|Boeing 737-800||Outlet & USB|
|Boeing 737-700||Outlet & USB|
|Airbus A321neo||Outlet & USB|
Sun country Airlines
|737-800||Outlet & USB|
|737-700||Outlet & USB|
Air Canada aircrafts have power outlets in business class and signature class seats, and in few economy class seats, But the good news is USB ports are avalaiabe all their aircraft seats.
Are There Any Alternatives ?
If it happened that you will be flying on airplane that do not have power outlets or US chargers, here is s one alternative to consider:
- Bring a fully charged power bank with you on board, ( double check your charge at the airport ).
- Ensure that your device is fully charged and turn the airplane mode when you are onboard to conserve some battery life.
- Ask the flight attendant to charge your device, if there are no outlets in the airplane.
- close unnecessary apps and reduce brightness of your phone.
- Close the WiFi whenever you don’t using it.
Most airplanes have have power outlets and USB ports.
However that won’t guaranty that your electronic devices will be charged, so if you want to make sure that you can charge your device on an airplane you should checked the details before you book your flight.
If you are traveling first or business class you are more likely to have a powder outlet, without even worrying about.
Even though a power bank is alway a handy device to have inside your carry on when traveling economy, as in some airplane even if there is a place to charge, it might not always work, or you have to share it with a follow passenger.
We hope this helps
People also ask:
- Can I Take Headphones On a Plane?
- Can i Bring a Phone Charger On a Plane?
- How to listen to music on a plane?
- Can You Listen To Audible On A Plane?
- Can You Watch Netflix On a Plane?
- Can you put a laptop in checked luggage?
- Can You Fly With Smart Luggage?
- Are There Chargers On Planes?