If you’re like most of travelers, you’d probably prefer to avoid long boring flights, but the unfortunate reality is that we can’t and most airlines do not offer what we really want.
But at least one thing about flying makes the experience worth it, the ability to watch movies and pass the time by catching up on your favorite series or blockbuster on Netflix.
You can watch Netflix on planes without needing to connect to WiFi or using cellular data, you can download your favorite movies and TV shows before heading to the airport, airplane WiFi is more expensive and most of the time it is not that good to watch Netflix or other streaming Apps.
In this blog post, we’ll explore the various ways you can watch Netflix on a plane, including the best streaming devices and tips for getting the most out of your next flight.
How To Watch Netflix On a Plane On computer?
Here are the devices that Netflix app supports, (the list are from the Netflix website).
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 9.0 or later
- Android phone or tablet running Android 4.4.2 or later
- Amazon Fire tablet running Fire OS 4.0 or later
- Windows 10 (version 1709 or newer) or Windows 11 tablet or computer
- Select Chromebook and Chromebox models
Unfortunately you can’t watch Netflix on your Mac, you will need to download the app and there is no Netflix app for Macs at the moment.
You can watch Netflix in a mac computer on Netflix.com but you will need to connect to WiFi and you can’t download the app or the movies.
Can You Watch Downloaded Netflix Movies On A Plane?
To watch Netflix without WiFi, you will need to download your favorite TV show and movies on your phone or laptop.
Netflix has a download option where you can download your favorite Movies or series, you can have up to 100 active downloads at a time per device depending on your membership plan.
Here is how to do it.
After you subscribed on the Netflix app.
Tap on any TV show or movie and look for the Downloads icon downward facing arrow to see whether it can be downloaded, or filter by what is available for download.
- Open the Netflix App and click on Downloads
- On devices operating Windows 10 or Windows 11, you will need to go to the menu and select downloads.
- Select your favorite movie or series if it is available (Some title you can watch them but are not available top download because of the licensing or other reasons, see why you can’t download some Netflix movies to watch offline here)
- In the movie title you can tap download
- the button will appear next to each available episode.
Please note that, Some titles are not available for download.
Watch Netflix With Headphones On a Plane?
If you are using wireless headphones, then you will need to use Bluetooth during your flight.
To do that you will need to first switch to the airplane mode then enable the Bluetooth option.
Bluetooth is Okay to use on most airlines as long as the airplane mode is activated.
Are There Any Alternatives For Netflix?
Yes, another streaming and movie service that offers offline viewing is Amazon Video. If you join Amazon Prime Video you will download the app and access a wide range of movies and series.
Remember the main thing in watching movies offline or other series is using an app.
Entertainment is considered essential when you travel, especially on long flights, and enjoying Netflix on your flights is just one way to make your flight easy and comfortable.
So watching Netflix on planes is possible and effortless, all you need to do is to connect to the WiFi prior to your flight and download your favorite movies on your phone.
So just go ahead and download your movies on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video and enjoy your flight.
People also ask: