There are limitless reasons why its good to keep a pair of tweezers in your purse or personal bag when you travel.
But can take your eyebrow tweezers on a plane?
The quick answer is yes, you can bring tweezers on a plane in both carry-on and checked baggage, small sharp tweezers under 7 inches are good to go through the security checkpoint, larger tweezers must be packed in checked baggage.
Keep reading to know more about traveling with tweezers and trims on your next flight.
Let’s get started.
Can You Bring Tweezers In Carry-on?
According to the TSA small tweezers can be carried in carry-on and through the security checkpoint without any restrictions.
Here is a screenshot fro the TSA website.
Its important to note that tweezers are not banned from airplanes but as the TSA always claims the final decision whether an item is allowed or not rest for The TSA officer at the airport.
But it is rare when an officer does not allow simple and small sharp items in carry-on.
|Allowed In Carry On Bags
|Allowed In Checked Bags
|Garden, medical and jewelry tweezers
|Must be less than 7 inches in length
This passenger wants to bring these 3 eyebrow tweezers and she doesn’t want to send them in her checked bag.
The TSA customer service replied that tweezers can go in carry-on luggage without any problem, and they didn’t even mention its size.
The same rules are applied on all airlines operating within the US.
Susan is not sure if tweezers and an umbrella can go onboard so she asked the Delta Airlines on Twitter.
The Delta customer service clarified to her that tweezers are acceptable in carry-on luggage.
The TSA and the airport security do not enforce any requirements for packing tweezers in carry-on bags, but it is better to always put the safety first and protect any sharp objects neatly.
Can You Take Tweezers In Checked Luggage?
You can bring any type of tweezers in your checked bag.
The TSA or the airport security doesn’t mention any blade length limits.
But the only requirement they mention is that tweezers must be packed and sheathed neatly inside your check in bag, to avoid any possible injuries or accidents for the luggage inspectors and handlers.
Can You Take Tweezers On International Flights?
Almost the same rules as domestic flights are applicable when traveling with sharp objects intentionally.
Most airlines do not have restrictions on small sharp items, so you can easily transport them either in your cabin bag or checked luggage without any issues.
If you are traveling with some type of large tweezers ( like Long Kitchen Tweezers ) they can be used pock someone so they won’t be allowed in carry-on.
How To Pack Your Tweezers For Travel?
When traveling with tweezers or other manicure set, here are some few techniques you can use to perfectly secure them.
- You can place your tweezers inside your toiletry bag if you don’t take your manicure set travel case.
- Use a small container, locked with a TSA approved lock if placed in checked luggage.
- You can also protect your tweezers with a piece of cloth and place them inside your suitcase compartment, shoe or boots.
- You can also use a leather tweezers storage bag.
- If you are taking other sharp items in your checked luggage you need to make sure that they do not damage your suitcase or the items can fall out from the container you are using.
Final Thoughts On Bringing Tweezers On a Plane
All small makeup tools are good to go in both carry-on and checked luggage.
You can bring tweezers and small sharp items in both carry-on and checked luggage in both domestic and international flights.
Just make sure that you don’t take any other long sharp items along with your tweezers that could be used as a potential weapon.
So go ahead and pack your tweezers and all your makeup items, and enjoy your trip.
If you still have questions about taking such items on your carry-on or checked baggage you can search on the website, or just head to the TSA website and navigate what you can and can’t bring.
We hope this helps
People also ask:
- Can You Take Nail Clippers On A Plane?
- Can I bring nail files in my carry-on bag?
- Can I Bring Mascara On a Plane?
- Can you bring hair products in checked luggage?
- Can I Bring Deodorant On A Plane?
- Can You Take Earrings On a Plane?
- Can You Take Essential Oils On A Plane?
- Can You Take Chapstick, Lipstick And Lip Gloss On a Plane?
- Can You Bring An Eyelash Curler On A Plane?
- Can You Bring Eyeliner On a Plane?