So can you bring books on a plane? And can you take your library books on a plane?
I LOVE to read mystery novels, to refresh my brain and to pass time on a long boring flight.
However, if you are still curious if books are allowed on planes, and if you can take more than one book.
The TSA (Transport Security Administration) allows all kind of books on board the airplane, However; you will need to stay within your airline luggage weight and size limits, otherwise; you can bring as many books as you want inside your bag.
Most airlines will allow you to take a book in your hand and will not count as part of your baggage allowance, for example if an airline allows one carry-on bag and one personal item, you can also take an umbrella, a jacket and a book in addition to your main luggage.
we may receive a small commission ( and with no additional cost to you) if you purchase an item from the links in this page, we really appreciate it!
The TSA Book Rules
First the good news: According to the TSA (The Transportation Security Administration), books are allowed in either carry on and checked baggage without specific restrictions.
However there’s usually you may notice that the TSA agent requires additional security procedures.
The TSA officer may ask you to remove your books from the bag for a manual inspection.
And as always the final decision rests with the TSA agent when screening the items Though I don’t see any reason to stop taking books on airplanes.
Can You Bring Books In Your Carry-On?
You can bring books on a plane in your carry-on bag without any restrictions and free of charge.
This traveler joked that she always brought a book on a plane and never read it. Honestly i t happens to me so many times.
In addition to your personal book, you can also place additional books inside your bag.
The TSA agents won’t stop you from taking books through the security checkpoint. However if you have so many books inside your bag, the density of your books may block the TSA agent from screening the content of your bag.
Can I Put Books In My Checked Luggage?
Yes, you can bring books in your checked baggage when boarding a flight within the United States or other international airports.
And unlike the case with carry-on baggage, you have more space in checked baggage especially if you want to take bring several books as a gift, but you need to neatly pack them to avoid any possible damage.
Can You Bring Library Books On A Plane?
Yes as long as you checked out your books, you can bring them with you on a plane.
However; you will have to take to consideration the return time, for example if you have 3 days to return the book to the library you should put that in mind some libraries may apply a late charge to your account.
Can You Read On A Plane?
Here is some Benefits of Reading Books from Healthline:
- Reduces stress
- Increases your ability to empathize
- Builds your vocabulary
- Helps prevent age-related cognitive decline
- Prepares you for a good sleep
- Helps alleviate depression symptoms
- May even help you live longer
Before you bring your book to the plane prepare yourself to enjoy your flight and reading, and ensuring things go as smoothly as possible
- Prepare your book before heading to the airport, you can either choose a paper book as described above or you can read on your tablet or phone, books at the airport may seem pricey, in addition you will be limited for certain categories that you may don’t like.
- Take a travel pillow to help you when you get tired,you can also use it to support your book, a travel pillow will also be useful not just when reading but to make your flight comfortable.
- Wear noise cancelling headphones, that will help reduce the noise around you so you can concentrate more.
Can I Read ebooks Without Internet On A Plane?
Yes you can read eBooks even if the internet is off on your phone, as long as you have the book downloaded you can open it normally and read it, if you are in another country and you open your internet connectivity you may have to pay more than the normal if you are using another network.
Not sure what to read While on your flight? Here is some great ideas
You can take along a copy of a self help book, or a novel. I always take the two books. When I get bored and tired of reading the the self help book, I switch to the novel because stories make my the time pass fast and the flight more fun.
You can also listen to your favorite books on Audible, if you already finished your paper book during your flight.
How Do You Pack Books For Flying?
When traveling with so many books, it is preferable to pack your books in such a way that will ensure they will arrive in good shape. Just put some time and effort into protecting them properly so you won’t get to your destination and find out that your books are in bad condition.
Here is some tips to protect your books while flying:
- When traveling with multiple books, a small box will do the trick.
- Don’t pack your books vertically, there is more chance that they will get damaged when other items are above the box, put them on flat.
- Use Newspaper or clothes to protect books from the sides, you can also fill any gaps if they are too large.
- Last but not least, don’t forget to label your box, if you put books on your suitcase put a luggage tag also put another inside wit your name and email.
Taking your books on a plane shouldn’t be a troublesome experience. it should be a stress-free and enjoyable.
Most airlines do not have any restrictions on traveling with books, so you can take your book inside you carry on bag and enjoy your book.
Happy travels and reading
People also ask:
- Can I bring a Kindle on an airplane?
- Can You Listen To Audible On A Plane?
- can you take a lighter on a plane?
- Can I bring Watches On A plane?