If you are planning to kick your flight with Silver Airways it is important to know what their luggage allowance is and what to expect at the airport.
In this blog post, we will cover Silver Airways carry-on policy, including its size and weight restrictions, what items are allowed and not allowed in carry-on luggage, and fees for additional or oversized carry-on bags.
Tip: Looking for a carry-on bag ? Check this 20-inch Samsonite Winfield. It is a durable carry-on with a spacious interior, with spinner wheels, and is compliant with most budget and international airlines.
What Is Silver Airways General Baggage Policy?
The General silve airways baggage allowance policy for regular basic fares include the following:
- 1 personal item – Fee free
- 1 carry-on/cabin bag – Fee free
- Checked baggage / Hold luggage – Applicable fees per bag increase with number checked
- Overweight and Oversize bags – Applicable fees per bag depending on weight and size categories
- Sports equipment – Certain items might have applicable fees
What Is Silver Airways Carry on?
All Silver Airways Guetsts are allowed to carry one On board One personal item.
The item must fit easily in the confines under a passenger seat or fit in an overhead compartment regardless of where the item is eventually stowed. The personal item can be one of the follolwing :
- Small Backpack
- Camera / Camera Case
- Lady’s purse, pocketbook, or handbag
- Diaper bag
- Pet contained in a carrier that can be properly stowed
- Thin garment bag (if room allows)
silver airways carry on size and Maximum personal item dimensions are 14” x 19” x 8.5” (for our SAAB 340 aircraft).
In addition of the above personnal item Silver allowas also the following items free of charge and it doesn’t count as personal item:
- Items of loose clothing, such as Hat, Overcoat or Wrap
- Reasonable amount of Reading Material
- Portable electronic devices (PEDs) such as smartphones, tablets, e-readers
- Crutches, canes, walker
- Approved medical devices (Oxygen concentrator, braces or other prosthetic devices, Orthotic positioning device, Life vest style defibrillator)
- Food to be consumed onboard
- Approved child restraint seat
- Fully collapsible stroller
- Service animal
- What is Royal Jordanian Carry On Baggage Rules?
- How Strict Is Lao With Baggage?
- What Is Air Caraibes Hand Baggage Allowance?
- What is the baggage allowance for Air Mauritius?
Silver Arways Checked Baggage
Silver Airways checked baggae allowance (Hold baggage) are detailed as montioned bellow:
- 2 bags standard (3 plus more bags must be cleared by an airport representative.
- Maximum dimensions: 62 inches or 157 centimeters (length + width + height)
- Maximum weight: 50 pounds or 23 kilograms
Does Siver Airways charge for Checked baggage?
Checked baggage fees are charged per bag, per person, one-way.
Please note that Checked baggageg purchased either online or through the reservations center are non-refundable.
Certain exemptions apply for active US military personnel more details here.
Silver Airways’ (and Seaborne Airlines’) standard checked baggage / hold luggage fees follow:
|Domestic flights||Internatinal flights|
Does Silevr Airways (and Seaborne Airlines’) charge for excess baggage?
Yes; Silver Airways (and Seaborne Airlines) fees for excess baggae is US$100.00 for the third and fourth bags
Silver Airways (and Seaborne Airlines’) fee for overweight baggage
Silver Airways (and Seaborne Airlines) have a fees for bags that exceeds the standard 50 pounds or 23 kilograms:
- 51 to 70 pounds or 24 to 31 kilograms: US$50 extra per bag
- 71 to 100 pounds or 31 to 45 kilograms: US$100 extra per bag
- Bags exceeding 100 pounds or 45 kilograms will not be accepted as checked baggage / hold luggage.
Silver Airways (and Seaborne Airlines) fee for oversize baggage
Silver Airways (and Seaborne Airlines) will charge US$100.00 extra for bags that are from 63 to 115 linear inches or from 158 to 292 centimeters.
Bags greater than 115 linear inches or 292 centimeters will not be accepted as checked baggage / hold luggage.
Are There Fees For Sports Equipment On Silver Airways (And Seaborne Airlines)?
Sporting Equipment are just like any other checked bag with any applicable overweight or oversize services charges.
Please be aware that if your surfboard, scuba gear, fishing gear, etc. are outside of the 50 lb weight limit or 62 linear inches limit then you will need to pay any overweight (up to 100 lbs) and/or oversize (up to 115 linear inches / 84 inch max length).
Certain oversize items cannot be transported due to limited cargo dimensions on the aircraft.
Disclosure:All information is pulled from The airline websites as a resource. Airline websites are the authority and can change at any time. For the latest information please visit the Airline website.