So how strict is Sun Country personal item size?
Sun Country is slightly strict about its personal item, especially during this period, your personal item must be stowed under the seat in front of you, if the personal item did not fit under the seat it will be counted as your hand luggage and you will need to pay carry on baggage fees.
Keep reading to have an overview about Sun Country personal item size limits and their carry on luggage rules.
Let’s dive right in.
Let’s dive right in.
👉 Check out my favorite SOLID Olympia U.S.A. Spinner, available in carry-on with a spacious interior, spinner wheels, and is compliant with most major airlines, check it out on Amazon.
How Strict Is Sun Country With Personal Item?
Sun country is a bit strict about its personal item and there are more chances they will inspect your item size.
So it must be compatible with the following regulations:
- Personal item size not exceed 17 inches long x 13 inches wide x 9 inches tall
- Be able to be stowed under the seat in front of you
In addition to the personal item, you can also bring items like the following:
- Reading materials like books.
- Mobility devices and medical equipment.
- Diaper bags
- A coat or a jacket
- An umbrella
Just like any other US airlines, Sun Country applied the regular TSA rules.
Only liquids in containers of 3.4 oz (100ml) or less are allowed, and they must be placed in a transparent, quart sized bag.
Please visit the TSA webpages For further information for more about transportation of liquids, gels and aerosols in greater detail.
Sun Country Airlines Carry on Baggage Rules
All Sun Country travelers are allowed one under seat item free of charge, this may be a purse, backpack, duffel bag, or other item if it fits under the seat in front of you.
You will need not pay a carry on bag fee in order to take an additional bag.
There are several options to choose from, but it is always to pay for your carry-on bag at the airline website rather than the airport.
Charges are generally expensive when selected at the airport.
- Your bag must Not exceed 24 inch height, 16 inches width, 11 inches depth
- Not exceed 35 pounds in weight
- Fit within the sizer box at the gate
For tickets purchased on or after February 24, 2020
|on suncountry.com at time of booking up to||$30|
|On suncountry.com via My trips or during online check-in||$38|
|By calling reservations||$38|
What If I’m Traveling With My Infants?
- Infants do not have any carry-on allowance or personal items, so any items would need to be carried in the adult’s carry-on.
- If you want to take your infants car seats or strollers, FAA-approved child restraint systems (car seats) are only permitted to be used onboard when a ticket is purchased for the child. Booster seats are not allowed onboard. Car seats and strollers may be checked at the ticket counter or at the gate for no additional charge.
- How strict is Sunwing with carry on size?
- Does IndiGo weigh cabin baggage?
- Strict is Level Airline with baggage?
Checked Baggage Allowance
Sun country Checked baggage must not exceed 62 linear inches ( length + width + height ) and weigh no more than 50 pounds. If they are larger or weigh more, oversized bag fees will apply.
Checked bags weighing 70 pounds or more will not be accepted on flights to / from Jamaica and Puerto Rico.
Checked bags weighing more than 100 pounds are not accepted on any Sun Country flight.
- 2 bags standard
- Maximum dimensions: 62 inches or 157 Centimeters ( length + width + height )
- Maximum weight: 50 pounds or 23 kilograms
Sun Country Airlines Excess Baggage
Excess baggage fees for all destinations
- 51-60 pounds (23-27 kg): +$20
- 61-100 pounds (27.7-45.4 kg): +$60
- 63+ linear inches (160 cm): $100
Please note that:
- Checked bags weighing 70 pounds or more are not accepted on flights to/from Jamaica and Puerto Rico.
- Checked baggage weighing more than 100 pounds is not accepted on any Sun Country flight.
Sun Country Oversize Baggage
If you have any additional bag please note that the following charges will apply:
- 51-60 pounds: +$20
- 61-100 pounds: +$60
- 63+ linear inches: $100
- Sporting equipment: $100
Hold baggage weighing 70 pounds or more are not accepted on flights to/from Jamaica and Puerto Rico.
Checked bags weighing more than 100 pounds is not accepted on any Sun Country flight.
Sun Country Airlines Restricted Items
For the safety and safety of all Sun Country guests, the Airline has some restrictions on what you can carry on its planes as carry-on baggage or in checked bags.
Here are some of the most common items that have restrictions on Sun Country:
- Alcoholic beverages Above 70+
- Lithium ion Batteries : Lithium and lithium ion batteries need to be placed in carry on baggage; uninstalled lithium ion batteries are not allowed in checked baggage.
- E-cigarettes / vaping devices
- Frozen items
- Firearms and ammunition
- Lighters / Matches
- Musical instruments
- Portable oxygen concentrator (POC)
- Sporting equipment
- Wedding dresses
- Wheelchair, walker, or cane
Airlines that allow one carry-on bag and one personal item free of charge are likely less strict with their personal items size.
But Sun Country does charge a carry-on luggage fee, so obviously they will be strict about their personal items size, so passengers do not sneak larger bags on board free of charge.
And if you did pay for a carry-on bag, there is more chance that your personal item will not be measured.
We hope this helps
Disclosure:some information is pulled from The airline websites as a resource. Airline websites are the authority and can change at any time. For the latest information please visit the Airline website : www.suncountry.com