Wizz Air is a Hungarian low cost airline operating flights to over 100 destinations worldwide.
And if you are planning to book your flight with Wizz Air it is important to know what are their luggage rules and policies to avoid any last minute charges or surprises at the airport.
In this post I will cover everything you need to know about Wizz Air luggage rules and policies, carry-on and checked baggage, in addition to excess baggage in case you want to take more items with you.
Let’s dive right in.
Tip: Check out this Travelpro Platinum Elite 21” Carry-On Spinner, a sleek and versatile carry-on that is designed to fit within the limits of most airlines, to save you from the hassle of the airports and the pesky airline fees.
How Strict Are Wizz Air On Hand Luggage?
You are probably familiar traveling with huge wheeled bags on board and all free. but this is not going to happen with Wizz air.
Wizz air baggage allowance is a bit strict, especially cabin baggage , but don’t worry we already found this packing tips and hacks to maximize your air travel baggage , and below we are going to simplify all that you need to know about the airline baggage allowance and how strict it is.
All Wizz air customers are entitled to bring a free carry-on baggage on board with a weight of 10 KG in maximum and with this ideal dimensions 40 x 30 x 20 cm.
travelers with who purchased Wizz priority are allowed to bring an extra bag with a size of maximum 55 x 40 x 23 cm on board.
Wizz Air is introducing a new type of checked-in bag with a 10 kg allowance, besides the available 20 and 32 kg options.
What hand luggage allowance can you take on Wizz Air?
Read also :
Each passenger is allowed only one piece of hand baggage on-board. The Wizz air hand luggage size is ( max. size 40 x 30 x 20 cm, 10 kg ) including the wheels and any handles. … Purses, briefcases, and laptop cases are also considered one piece of luggage, so they will need to be stored inside the main piece of hand luggage.
The bag must match the size above so it can be placed perfectly under the seat.
If you are a WIZZ Priority passenger (or you are entitled to WIZZ Priority with WIZZ Privilege Pass, WIZZ GO or WIZZ Plus bundles), you are entitled to bring with you a free carry-on bag (max. size 40 x 30 x 20 cm) and an extra trolley bag (max. 55 x 40 x 23 cm). It is guaranteed you can bring both bags with you into the cabin area, unless it is impossible due to operational restrictions.
Free additional items on board
- reading material for the flight (books, magazines etc…)
- cell phone
- a coat or blanket
- for children younger than two: food for the duration of the flight and a foldable baby stroller or a small crib
- a pair of crutches for physically disabled passengers
What is checked in baggage Wizzair?
Wizz Air checked Luggage Allowance: checked-in baggage cannot be larger than:
- Width: 149 cm
- Height: 119 cm
- Length: 171 cm
Checked-in bag types:
- 10 kg checked-in bag
- 20 kg checked-in bag
- 32 kg checked-in bag
Wizz Air Excess Baggage Strict
Wizz air is so generous with excess baggage you can take with you as much as you like in excess baggage but you may need to keep this in mind:
- check in up to six items of luggage per flight – with baggage fees applied to each separate item
- pay for the first three items online, and if you have more, you can pay for the rest at the airport
Wizz air excess baggage fee
Higher baggage fees do apply for any additional pieces of checked-in baggage purchased at the airport.
Weigh your bags before you arrive, as a €10.00/kg surcharge will be due at the airport if your bag weighs between 20kg and 32kg
At certain airports, the relevant baggage fee may only be paid using a credit or debit card:
- Brno (BRQ)
- Paris Beauvais (BVA)
- Cologne (CGN)
- Donetsk (DOK)
- Dortmund (DTM)
- Grenoble (GNB)
- Haugesund (HAU)
- Kharkiv (HRK)
- Kyiv Zhulyany (IEV)
- Kristiansand (KRS)
- Malmo (MMX)
- Milan Malpensa (MXP)
- Pisa (PSA)
- Stavanger (SVG)
- Trondheim (TRD)
- Oslo Sandefjord Torp (TRF)
- Moscow (VKO)
Please make sure do not place any of your precious items or personal documents in your checked baggage, Wizz air are not responsible for any loss or delay for the items below:
- cash, securities
- Jewelry, precious metal, precious and semi-precious stones
- computers, cameras, video cameras, mobile phones or other electronic appliances and their accessories
- official, business or private documents
- travel or other identity documents
- pieces of art and fine art
- perishable items
Wizz air sport equipment
Taking sport equipment with Wizz air will be with an additional fee; here are the items that you can transport with you.
- ski, snowboard, surf equipment, golf bags packed in a pouch
- jumping poles can only be accepted for carriage if packed in textile sacks
- bicycles packed in a bicycle travel case with the wheels and pedals removed and handlebars turned parallel or packed in cardboard, provided that the tyres are deflated
- diving equipment with empty diving cylinders, removed power source or bulb switches secured in the “OFF” position
- antlers and trophies with a valid veterinary certificate
Does Wizz Air allow pets?
Wizz air baggage allowance does not allow animals on board except Guide dogs accompanied with the required travel documents, and this will need to comply with the regulations of the country you are traveling to.
Wizz air offers extra attention to disabled and reduced-mobility passengers and to passengers with special needs.
Wizz air is always caring about disabled and reduced-mobility passengers also with special needs.
To make their flights smooth and comfortable, the passengers need to inform Wizz air at least 48 hours before the scheduled departure of the flight about their physical disability or reduced mobility, or any other condition that may require medical care.
The request can be made online during the booking process or by contacting the special assistance call center, it is better to call wizz air on the day of reservation.
If you have special needs, please make sure that you are present at check in 2 hours before the scheduled departure time, so the company can complete the check in procedure on time.
Wizz Air Lost My Luggage !!
In the unlikely event that your baggage is missing, damaged or delayed, you can file a report upon arrival at your destination.
- visit the “Baggage Claim” or “Lost Luggage” desk in the transit area, where the airline can help you fill out a Property Irregularity Report (PIR) straight away
- if no report is filed at the destination airport, wizz air can’t accept responsibility
- if the baggage is not found within 21 days of reporting it at the destination airport, Wizz Air will be liable for loss
- Wizz Air cannot be liable for baggage misidentified by another passenger – all cost is the liability of the passenger involved
To return mishandled baggage to its owner as soon as possible, all baggage items must be marked with the passenger’s name, initials and address before check-in.
Checked-in baggage will, whenever possible, be carried on the same aircraft as its owner. For safety or operational reasons, the checked-in baggage might be carried on an alternative flight. In these cases, Wizz Air cannot be liable for the delay of the baggage.
Wizz Air Damaged Baggage
wizz air take liability for damage in the following ways:
- if it was impossible to recognise the damage or pilferage of your baggage upon arrival, you can report it at the airport within seven days of your arrival
- if the baggage does not arrive with your flight and it is delivered damaged or pilfered, you can make a report in writing within 21 days after the delivery of the baggage
- if the baggage was unsuitably packed, liability will be reduced
- report damage to your cabin baggage (including clothing) on board or before leaving the transit area
wizz air baggage strict