If you are planning to book a flight with Swoop you will need to know their luggage rules, and what to expect at the airport to avoid any last minute charges.
So what is Swoop Airlines baggage policy ? and how strict is Swoop baggage allowance?
Here is everything you need to know about Swoop carry on and checked baggage weight and size.
Let’s find out.
👉 Check out my favorite SOLID Olympia U.S.A. Spinner, available in carry-on with a spacious interior, spinner wheels, and is compliant with most major airlines, check it out on Amazon.
Swoop Airlines Cabin baggage policy
What is Swoop airlines carry on luggage size & weight ?
- Swoop Airlines Baggage Policy Allowed Each Guest to carry on board one piece of carry-on baggage, with an applicable fee.
- please note that all carry on items must fit into the carry-on baggage sizing device and must not exceed the maximum dimensions of:
- 52cm x 23cm x 38cm (21” x 9” x 15” inches)
- Swoop carry on charges will increase the closer you get to your departure date. $10 will be added to all bag prices at check-in and $20 are added to all bag fees if purchased at the airport.
- Ensure that you pay for your carry on when booking online
In addition to your carry-on baggage you are also entitled to have one personal item free of charge. With the Maximum dimensions of : 41cm x 15cm x 33cm (16” x 6” x 13”) and it can be one of the following items: Small backpack, purse, laptop bag, briefcase.
Swoop Checked Baggage
Swoop Guests are allowed to take as Checked baggage up to Four pieces of baggage, each piece must not Not exceed the following size and weight restrictions without additional fees:
- Checked baggage Maximum dimensions: 157 cm (62 in.) total combined dimension (length + width + height).
- Maximum weight: 23 kg (50 lbs).
- See oversized / overweight
- Bag fees increase the closer you get to your departure date. $10 are added to all bag fees at check-in and $20 are added to all bag fees if purchased at the airport. The best prices are always available at initial booking.
- Swoop accepts checked baggage that does not exceed the weight limit, size limit, number of pieces and other specific criteria set by regulatory authorities and Swoop.
- What Is El Al Baggage Dimensions?
- How Strict Is Spring Airlines Baggage?
- Air Macau Baggage Policy [Explained]
Swoop Airlines Excess baggage policy
If your baggage exceeds the above Swoop baggage allowance, The airline will determine at the airport if you are going to pay an excess baggage fee.
A bag is considered oversized if it meets the following requirements:
- Baggage exceeding 157 cm (62 in.) in total combined dimension (Length + Width + Height), but less than 203 cm (80 in.).
- Baggage exceeding 23kg (50 lbs), but not no more than 45 kg (100 lbs).
If your bag meets the above requirements, there will be an additional fee of $105-$115 for domestic and international flights, which will be applied to each bag that is considered oversized. Fees will be charged at the airport at the time you are checking your bags.
Prices are shown in CAD. For all flights originating from the U.S., prices will be reflected in USD when booking. For all flights departing within Canada, the oversized fee will be in CAD currency.
Prices vary depending on the day of departure and will vary depending on applicable taxes and flight destination. All baggage fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Swoop Airlines Special Baggage policy
If you want your sport Equipment to travel with you; Any equipment that exceeds the standard Swoop baggage allowance regular suitcase please see the Sporting Goods rules bellow:
All regular baggage fees apply to all special items and sporting equipment. Regular weight and size limits apply.
There will be a fee for all items exceeding these limits. See oversize baggage for pricing and more detail.
A bicycle must be packed flat in a bicycle bag or box.
The tires must be partially deflated, the pedals removed, and handlebars turned to line up with the wheels and frame.
A set consists of a bicycle and a helmet.
A maximum of one bicycle is allowed per traveler.
The length of the bicycle, including the bag or box cannot exceed 118 inches. All applicable oversized and overweight fees apply
Collapsible fishing rods can be permitted as carry-on baggage. A fishing rod as checked baggage must be packed in a rigid or hard-shell container.
More than one fishing rod can be packed in the same container.
A set consists of a fishing rod container and a tackle box. Oversize fee is waived. Overweight fees apply
Golf equipment must be packed in a container specially designed for shipping or in a bag with an attached hood.
Tripod legs on golf bags must be secured or taped to the golf bag. A set consists of golf balls, golf clubs, and golf shoes.
Oversize fee waived. Overweight fees apply.
The snowboard must be packed for shipping to prevent damage. A set consists of: a snowboard, helmet, a pair of boots (which can be checked in a separate boot bag). Oversize fee is waived. Overweight fees apply.
Generally, you will need to stay with Swoop baggage policy.
Even though Swoop is a low cost airline it is important to understand their rules to avoid any surprises.
It is mostly low cost airlines that enforce their luggage size and weight to squeeze for some additional money.
So if you are packing for your Swop flight ensure that you stay within their limits.
We hope this helps
- Seat Selection
- Excess baggage alternative
- Find Your perfect Carry on baggage
- Take advantage of these luggage deals
Disclosure:All information is pulled from The airline websites as a resource. Airline websites are the authority and can change at any time. For the latest information please visit the Airline website.