SriLankan Airlines is the national carrier of Sri Lanka, operating flights to over 100 destinations all over the world.
And if you are planning to book a delight with them it is important to know their baggage allowance policies, it will help you avoid any unnecessary charges and make sure you’re prepared for your trip.
In this blog post, we’ll provide you with all the information you need to know about the baggage allowance for SriLankan Airlines.
Let’s dive right in.
Tip: My favorite suitcase is this 20-inch Samsonite Winfield. It is a durable carry-on with a spacious interior, with spinner wheels, and is compliant with most budget and international airlines check it out on Amazon.
What is carry on baggage allowance for Srilankan Airlines?
All economy class Guests are allowed 1 piece of hand luggage weighing no more than 7 kg and with the following dimension (115cm (l+h+w)).
Business class guests are allowed 2 pieces of hand luggage with a 7 kg in weight with the dimensions of (115cm (l+h+w)).
|Class||piece allowed||weight allowed||size allowed|
|Business Class||2||7kg||no more than a total of 115cm (l+h+w)|
|Economy Class||1||7kg||no more than a total of 115cm (l+h+w)|
In addition of your allowed hand luggage you can carry also on board the following personal items:
- One lady’s hand bag, purse or pocket book, Duty Free Item
- One Laptop
- One umbrella or walking stick
- One overcoat, wrap or blanket
- One small camera and/or one pair of binoculars
Please carry all valuables with you when you leave the aircraft at transit stops, and be sure that you have all your belongings, including overhead luggage, when you disembark at your final destination
Infants carry on restrictions?
If you are traveling with infants the following baggage allowance applies:
- You are allowed One Cabin Bag with the following dimensions 56cm x 36cm x 23cm (115cm) and weight of 5 kgs with Infants containing Infant’s food for consumption in flight together with Infant’s toiletries and disposable items such as nappies.
- One infant’s carrying basket or fully collapsible stroller/pushchair (Can be carried only if space available in Cabin. If not, as checked baggage)
- Swiss airlines strict with baggage?
- How strict is Austrian Airlines with carry on?
- Is Etihad strict with baggage allowance?
What Is Checked Baggage Allowance For Srilankan Airlines ?
Srilankan Airlines weight of checked baggage for Destinations excluding destined to / from North, Central and South America:
- Business Class : weight 40 kg / dimensions: length+height +width= 158 cm, 62 inch
- Economy Class: weight 30 kg/ dimensions: length+height +width= 158 cm, 62 inch
- Infant -For All classes: 10 kg / dimensions: length+height +width= 115 cm, 45 inch
Srilankan Airlines piece of checked baggage for Destinations excluding destined to / from North, Central and South America:
- Business Class: Size 158 cm, 62 inch / piece: 2 / weight :32 kg each
- Economy Class:Size 158 cm, 62 inch / piece: 2 / weight : 23 kg each
- Infant -All classes: Size 158 cm, 62 inch / piece 1/ weight : 23 Kg
What Is Excess Baggage Allowance For Srilankan Airlines ?
If your checked baggage exceeds or over the allowed free baggage allowance you will need to pay an excess baggage charge.
Please note that any excess baggage payments are non-refundable.
Piece Rules fees
If You would need to pay for each piece / weight that exceeds your free baggage allowance.
|Cabin class||Overweight charges 23kg – 32kg||Extra piece Charge||Maximum weight of extra piece|
|First/Business Class||–||USD 250||32kg|
|Economy Class||USD 75||USD 250||32kg|
What Items Are Restricted With Srilankan Airlines ?
- All liquids, gels and aerosols, pastes, lotions, creams, drinks and other items of similar consistency must be in containers with a capacity no greater than 100ml. Those carried in containers larger than 100ml will not be accepted, even if the container is only part-filled.
- These containers must be placed in a transparent re-sealable plastic bag of a maximum capacity not exceeding one liter (20cmx20cm). Larger bags or bags that are non-sealable, such as fold-over sandwich bags, are not allowed. Transparent re-sealable polythene bags will not be provided at the Airport
- The containers must fit comfortably within the transparent plastic bag, which is to be completely closed.
- The plastic bag is to be presented for visual examination at the screening point. Only one transparent plastic bag per passenger will be permitted.
- Exemptions will be made for medications, baby milk / foods and special dietary requirements. Appropriate proof for verifying the nature of such items will be required and must be made available on request at the screening point.
- Such plastic bags should be presented apart from other cabin baggage, coats, jackets and laptops to facilitate screening.
the following items are allowed within your carry on baggage
- Alcoholic beverages
- Avalanche rescue backpack
- Chemical Agent Monitoring Equipment,
- Dry ice (carbon dioxide, solid)
the following items are not allowed within your carry on baggage
- Ammunition (cartridges for weapons), securely packaged
- Baggage with installed lithium batteries
- Camping stoves and fuel containers that have contained a flammable liquid fuel
- Disabling devices
- Non-flammable, non-toxic aerosols in Division 2.2
- Permeation devices
the following items are allowed within your checked baggage
- Thermometer, medical or clinical
- Specimens, non-infectious
- Portable electronic devices containing non-spillable batteries
- Permeation devices
- Oxygen or air, gaseous, cylinders
- Non-flammable, non-toxic aerosols in Division 2.2
the following items are not allowed within your checked baggage
- Thermometer or barometer, mercury filled
- Security-type attaché cases, cash boxes, cash bags
Learn more about what to take in checked baggage in this post.
How To Take More Luggage On Srilankan Airlines?
Packing cubes are one of the best tricks to use and carry more within your suitcase; however sometimes you may need to pack less, and save yourself extra space for only the important items. check these 15 of the best packing tips ever from skyscanner. It will change your way of packing.
2.Buy your luggage Online
Sometimes you will need to take more than the allowed luggage, and it is better to invest in additional luggage and buy for yourself some checked baggage space. but don’t forget to pay your luggage fees online, it is always cheaper to purchase online rather than the airport.
3. wearable luggage jackets
A wearable luggage jacket can carry more than 5kg of luggage, including some personal items like books, laptops, and handbags. Slip it on over your clothes and you have an extra 5 or 10 kilos added to your carry on luggage: There are plenty of other wearable luggage options too. You can check amazon or a store near you and search for wearable luggage and choose from a variety of products.
4 .Invest in a new cabin bag
We’ve searched the best cabin bags available online for this year, so that when you invest in a new bag it will fit most major airlines baggage allowance. There are backpacks and wheelies to suit every type of Guests – and these 9 Best affordable carry on bags Available Online will help you find the best carry that will fit your needs.
5. Choose an airline with restrictions that suit you
British Airways offer 23kg in hand luggage, and easyJet do not have a weight restriction on cabin bags. Want to know which airlines offer the best luggage allowance ? Check out this airlines luggage chart.
Generally, understanding the baggage allowance of an airline is a key to have smooth and hassle-free flight.
Ensure that you pack carefully to avoid the weight and size restrictions, which may result in additional fees.
By following the guidelines and tips we’ve provided, you can ensure that your trip with SriLankan Airlines is stress-free and enjoyable.
We hope this helps
- Find a carry on bag that fits your needs
- Srilinkan Airline Manage my booking
- Excess baggage alternative
Disclosure:Some information for (SriLankan Airlines baggage allowance) is pulled from The airline websites as a resource. Airline websites are the authority and can change at any time. For the latest information please visit the Airline website.