AirAsia is a Malaysian low-cost airline.
If you are planning to fly with Airasia ensure that you know their luggage rules and regulations before you book your flight.
In this post we will provide everything you need to know about Airs baggage allowance, so you can avoid any innocence and last minute charges at the airport.
Let’s dive right in.
Tip: My favorite suitcase is this 20-inch Samsonite Winfield. It is a durable carry-on with a spacious interior, with spinner wheels, and is compliant with most budget and international airlines check it out on Amazon.
Airaisa Cabin baggage
Is Airasia Strict With Carry On Luggage?
All Airasia passengers allowed carrying with them 2 pieces of baggage on board (except children) with the following dimensions:
- must not exceed 56cm (H) * 36cm (w) * 23cm (D)
- The bag must fit the overhead cabin
- Can be a laptop bag, hand bag, or other small bag with the dimensions (40cm (H) X 30cm (W) X 10cm (D))
- Must fit under the seat infornt of you
The total permitted weight for two (2) pieces must not exceed 7kg.
You can use the baggage measurement gauges at the airport to determine if your cabin baggage fits our Airasia cabin baggage policy.
Airasia infant baggage policy
Prams under the age of 2 years don’t have any cabin baggage allowance, but those with 2 years and above have the same cabin baggage as mentioned above.
Children strollers and buggies can be checked for free because you can not bring them on board and any kind of child car seats must be checked and it will be a part of your purchased check in baggage.
Airasia Checked Baggage
If you have more luggage and want to carry more or even exceed the given weight, you may need to check in your baggage in the airport with some additional fee.
In case you are at the gate and your cabin baggage exceeds the required weight or dimensions your baggage will be checked and gate luggage fees will be applied.
please before you go to the gate make sure that your cabin baggage meets the airlines cabin baggage policy to avoid any last minute fees, use luggage measurement gauges as described above.
airasia check in baggage weight
almost 5 packages in Airasia check in baggage weight
(Available on domestic flights only)
Only flying to or from the United States, checked baggage is available to pre-book by pieces:
- 1 piece, maximum weight of 20kg
- 2 pieces, maximum weight of 20kg each
For other destinations You can check here for baggage weight and fees but please before that make sure to take into consideration these tips about the airline baggage fees.
- Airasia baggage fees for different destination may be varied depending on your travel period
- Sports equipment includes Golf, Surfboard, Bicycle, Skis/Snowboard, Cricket and Diving gear. Any other sporting equipment not stated here is accepted as part of your checked baggage allowance. Please note that travelers are now entitled to take 1 x 15 kg surfboard free of charge under the Free Surfboard Policy.
- Per Sector:certain fees are chargeable for each stop of your journey.
- Per Journey: certain fees are chargeable once throughout your whole journey.
Airasia Pay For Sports Equipment
Sport equipment allowance Airasia allows the list of items below as check in baggage and each item must not exceed 32 kg.
Sports equipment fee Airasia [which you can check here]can be paid online with a discount rate or with standard rate at the airport check in counters.
Golf equipment should be packed in a recognised golf case
Your surfboard must be packed in a recognised surfboard bag and does not exceed 277cm/109inches in length. Note: Kiteboards and bodyboards are classified as surfboards.
- One scuba regulator
- Tank harness
- Tank pressure gauge
- Face mask
- One pair of fins
- Dive suit/vest
- Buoyancy control device (BCD)
- Weight belt
- One empty cylinder tank
Your bicycle must be properly packed in a recognised bicycle bag or in a protective box/bag or in a plastic wrap. Bicycles that are not packed in a bicycle bag or in a protective box/bag or in a plastic wrap will be refused.
Preparing bicycles for travel with airasia
|Handle bars||Must be turned in so that they are in alignment with the frame.|
|Pedals||Should either be removed or checked in to prevent them causing damage to other bicycles or checked baggage.|
|Gears||Should be wrapped to protect them from damage.|
|Tyres||Must be deflated|
|Mudguards||Should either be removed or checked in to prevent them causing damage to other bicycles or checked baggage.|
|Loose items||This includes pumps, lights, water bottles, etc. They must be either securely fastened to the bicycle, removed or checked in.|
Ski/snowboard equipment should be packed properly in a recognized bags.
You can bring one coffin/bag containing bats, wickets, pads and balls.
Any sports equipment that is not mentioned above will be accepted as part of your checked baggage.
Airasia restricted sports items
Asia air do not accept carriage of the following sports equipment:
- Hang gliders
- Kayaks, canoes and oars
- Pole vaults
Does Duty Free count as carry on?
Read more : wizz air baggage allowance, Is wizz air strict with hand luggage
Airasia Duty-free items purchased at the airport will not form part your carry on baggage allowance provided it is within the duty free allowance of your destination country. Items need to be packed in a Security Tamper-Evident Bag, remain sealed and accompanied with proof of purchase until your final destination.
All other purchases including free gifts from duty free outlets will count as part of your cabin baggage allowance.
Airasia Baggage Prohibited And Restricted Items
Airasia cares about the safety and security of its guests so they provide lists of prohibited and restricted items for each area, so you can have an idea about the item that you need to avoid carrying with you to the airport or onboard.
Please ensure that you do not pack items specified in this list in your cabin baggage or checked baggage.
- Misc. (including Dry Ice and Petrol)
What is not allowed in hand luggage AirAsia?
You may not carry the following items into the security restricted area and in your hand luggage:
- Any Firearms & Weapons
- Pointed/edged Sharp Objects
- Blunt Instruments
- Explosives and flammable substances
- Chemical and toxic substances
- Knives (including hunting knives, swords, and pocket knives)
- Scissors and any other sharp/bladed objects (e.g. ice-pick, nail clippers) considered illegal by local law
- Weapons such as whips, nan-chakus, baton, or stun gun
- Toys guns/gun shaped items or look-alikes, hand-cuffs
- Sporting equipment such as baseball/cricket bats, golf clubs, hockey sticks, billiard cues
- Devices with spillable batteries
- Aerosols (hair sprays, perfumes, medicines containing alcohol) not exceeding 0.5KG/L per article and 2.0KG/L in total weight
- Baby strollers
- Any other items which are deemed security hazards by local law
- Any other items that resemble or have similar functions to the above items