Heading to the airport without investigating your airline policy can end up with some hefty charges or cause your carry on bag to be gate checked.
Here is everything you need to know about Alaska airline carry on, checked baggage and excess baggage.
Before heading to the airport we recommend having an ideal Carry-on bag or a backpack that adheres to the Alaska airline size regulations.
we may receive a small commision (with no additional cost to you) if you purchase an item from the links in this page, we really appreciate it!
How Strict Is Alaska Airlines Carry on?
Nothing surprising, your carry on needs to follow Alaska airlines carry on limits.
Alaska Airlines is slightly strict about its carry on luggage, please make sure that you adhere to the airline carry on policies:
- 1 main carry-on bag with 45 linear inches (22″ x 14″ x 9″) or 115 centimeters (61 x 43 x 25 cm) including handles and wheels and needs to fit the overhead compartment.
- 1 personal item that can be one (purse, briefcase, laptop bag) per passenger fee free needs to fit under the seat in-front of you.
Please note that bulkhead seats do not have under seat storage, therefore, all carry-on baggage must be stowed in the overhead bin during take-off and landing.Alaska Airlines
In addition of your main carry on bag and under-seat item, you can also bring additional small objects free of charge:
- A jacket, umbrella
- Books to read
- Duty free items
- Assistive devices (wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, strollers, child restraint seats, etc.) do not count towards your carry-on allowance.
- Diaper bags are counted as the one personal item.
Alaska Airline Liquid Limits
Just like other US airlines traveling with liquids within or from the US, liquid limits are regulated with the TSA.
So you will have to follow the TSA 3-1-1 liquid rule.
Only 3.4 oz / 100 ml or less for each container, and placed in a single quart sized bag.
Large amount of liquids needs to be transported in checked luggage.
For more details on liquids you can search what can I bring section on this website or on the TSA official website.
Best Carry-on Luggage For Alaska Airlines?
There are so many carry-on bags that fit Alaska Airlines carry-on policies and in the overhead bin.
And If you’re looking for an amazing carry on, we recommend this great value Rockland Fashion Softside Luggage Amazon.
Soft-sided bags are always preferred to use as carry-on baggage, as they can fit easily in both under the seat and in the overhead compartment.
Try Checked Luggage
If you have a large carry-on bag and you don’t want to take the risk, it is better to think about checking your bag before the airline staff ask you to gate check it.
Alaska Airlines standard checked baggage allowance is as follows:
- 2 bags free of charge with maximum dimensions : 62 inches linear or 157 centimeters (length + width + height) and Maximum weight : 50 pounds or 23 kilograms
Just watch out for oversized bags.
Related: How to take extra luggage in flight ?
What Is Alaska Airlines Oversized Baggage Policy?
Alaska Airlines (AS) will charge $100 USD extra for bags that are from 63 to 115 linear inches or from 160 to 292 centimeters. Bags that go above 115 linear inches or 292 centimeters will not be accepted as checked baggage / hold luggage.
What is Alaska Airlines overweight baggage?
Alaska Airlines (AS) will charge the following fees for bags that are more than the standard 50 pounds or 23 kilograms:
- 51 to 100 pounds or 24 to 46 kilograms: $100 USD extra per a single bag
- Bags exceeding 100 pounds or 46 kilograms will not be accepted as checked baggage / hold luggage.
Alaska Airlines will be strict about its carry on size, mostly o a busy flight.
Overweight and oversized bags can cause chaos on board the airplanes, and that is a bad image for their customer service.
But if your bag exceeds the dimensions by only one inch or two, I don’t think that you will have a problem with the airline staff.
We hope this helps .
People also ask:
- How strict are Alaska airlines personal item size limits?
- How strict is American Airlines with carry on size?
- How strict is delta airlines about carry on size ?
We hope this helps