Just like any other airlines Bhutan Airlines have luggage policies that you need to follow.
And if you are planning to gear up and fly with Bhutan you need to know what to expect at the airport.
In this post, we will share all that you need to know about Bhutan Airlines baggage, carry-on checked baggage, and extra luggage in case you want to take more baggage with you.
Let’s dive rigs in.
Tip: Check out this Travelpro Platinum Elite 21” Carry-On Spinner, a sleek and versatile carry-on that is designed to fit within the limits of most airlines, to save you from the hassle of the airports and the pesky airline fees.
Bhutan Cabin Baggage
All Bhutan airline guests are allowed to carry on board one carry on baggage and one personal item with the following weight and dimensions:
- The cabin bag must not exceed the dimensions of and must not exceed OF 55 CMS X 40 CMS X 20 CMS and a maximum weight of 7 KGS.
- The personal item can be one of the following items:
- Lady’s hand bag.
- An overcoat or wrap.
- A rug or a blanket
- A camera or a pair or binoculars
- Reasonable amount of reading material for the flight.
- Infant’s feed for consumption during the flight and infant’s carrying basket if an infant is carried.
- Collapsible wheelchair or pair of crutches or braces for passenger’s use if dependent on these.
- A gift item purchased from the Airport duty free shop.
- Walking stick.
- Umbrella (Folding type)
- Feeding bottle.
- Shaving kit, excluding razor blade and straight razors.
- Medicines required during Flight like Asthma inhaler etc.
- Cell phones.
- How Strict Is Volaris With Carry On?
- Does VivaAerobus Charge For Baggage?
- How Strict Is Transavia With Hand Luggage?
- Bangkok Airways Baggage allowance[Explained]
How Strict Is Bhutan Airlines With Cabin Baggage?
An odd sized cabin baggage not conforming to the specified dimension will not be allowed in the cabin. Such baggage will be removed at the gate / boarding point, Will be affixed with a “Limited Release Baggage Label” and will be loaded in the hold.
Children (above 12 years old) are entitled to the same cabin baggage allowances as adults.
Bhutan Checked Baggage
|Total Weight of All Pieces
|For Gaya-Paro Sector
If your baggage exceeds Bhutan baggage allowance limitations, an excess baggage charge need to be paid as per the below table.
What If My Luggage is Damaged or Lost With Bhutan Airlines?
If you lost your baggage or received it damaged (that we hope will not happen), please contact the Bhutan Airlines staff in the arrival hall and report your missed luggage, a report will be filed and a copy will be given with a reference number for follow up action.
In the event that you arrive at your destination without your checked baggage, please be assured that Bhutan airlines will do everything possible to ensure that your baggage is delivered to you as soon as possible.
In the case of loss of baggage, claims will be settled as per the applicable company’s policy.
As per the policy, the compensation is computed at the rate of USD 20 per kg.
For Guests traveling on International flights, in case of damage to baggage, a complaint must be filed in writing to the Carrier after discovery of damage and not later than 3 days( working Hour).
Bhutan Airlines will notify you as soon as your baggage is located and will deliver it to the address you specified, subject to local customs regulations.
Alternatively, you may collect your baggage at the airport and Bhutan airlines will reimburse the transport cost.
Disclosure: All information is pulled from The airline websites as a resource. Airline websites are the authority and can change at any time. For the latest information please visit the Airline website : www.bhutanairlines.bt