Volotea is a Spanish low-cost airline, and just like most budget airlines, they have specific rules and policies regarding the baggage allowance.
It is important to review their rules before you book your flight to avoid any unexpected fees or issues at the airport.
Keep reading to know everything you need about Volotea baggage allowance and restrictions.
Let’s dive right in.
Tip: My favorite suitcase is this 20-inch Samsonite Winfield. It is a durable carry-on with a spacious interior, with spinner wheels, and is compliant with most budget and international airlines check it out on Amazon.
Volotea Carry On Baggage
How Strict Is Volotea With Baggage?
Volotea is slightly strict about its carry-on baggage, your baggage will be carefully inspected at the check-in counter; and at the gate in order to ensure that it complies with the airline baggage restrictions.
makes sure your baggage follows to the airlines cabin baggage policy stated below:
All Volotea Guests are allowed to bring on board the aircraft two pieces of hand luggage with the following size and weight:
- The first may have maximum dimensions of 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm, including wheels, pockets, handles, or any other accessory element of your bag.
- The second bag can have a size with a maximum of 35 cm x 20 cm x 20 cm and it must be possible to store it under the seat in front of you.
- Carry-on baggage should weigh a maximum of 10 kg, and you should be able to place it easily in the overhead bin of the plane cabin by yourself. Smaller objects should be placed under the seat in front of you.
in addition to your carry-on baggage the following items are also allowed on board and free of charge:
- a jacket or raincoat
- an umbrella
- a shawl
- crutches, canes
- a plastic bag with products purchased at the Duty Free shop in the airport.
Volotea Checked Baggage
Passengers traveling with Volotea are allowed to check in as standard checked baggage / hold luggage the following:
- 5 bags maximum
- Maximum combined weight: 50 kilograms
Is Volotea strict with checked baggage?
Volotea Checked baggage has some strict rules that you should acknowledge before flying.
The Restrictions for Volotea with respect to checked baggage is the following:
- Each passenger can check in bags or items with a weight of up to 20 kg for each one.
- When the item exceeds 20 kg (and up to a maximum of 32 kg), each additional kilo is charged based on the rates indicated in the service fees table in the section “Excess baggage (+20 kg/passenger)”.
- Each passenger can check in a maximum of 50 kg of baggage, shared between up to 5 items or bags.
- In case of round trip bookings, the checked baggage must be added in both flights. It’s not possible to buy checked baggage only for one of the flights.
Therefore, each bag has a weight limit of 20 kg, and may be overweight up to 32 kg (assuming the additional weight costs), as long as the total weight transported per passenger does not exceed 50 kg.
Volotea Special luggage and Musical Instruments
Volotea allows its Guests to check in special baggage such as sports equipment (surfboards or snowboards, windsurfers, golf bags, bicycles) and musical instruments.but with only a maximum weight of 32 kg.
Please note that the special baggage fees are paid during the process of booking your tickets via Volotea website, or by calling Volotea Customer Service or via the Manage your booking , at any time after your purchase and up to 2 hours before your flight departure.
Volotea Restricted Items
The following items are prohibited from carrying as cabin baggage a or checked baggage with Volotea:
- Compressed gases
- Other weapons
- Sharp objects
- Radioactive material
- Chemical or toxic substances
- Blunt objects
- Liquids (with exceptions)
- Lithium and other batteries
- Flammable substances
In general there is more chance that Volotea will enforce its luggage policies for the safety of its passers and the airplane.
Therefore it’s important that you stay within the size and weight regulations.
Ensure that you use a suitcase that is fully compliant with the airline luggage rules, like the one we mentioned above.
We hope this helps
Disclosure:some information are are quoted from the airline as a resource, for more information please visit the Airline website.