If you want to stay freshen up during your travel you may wonder if you can bring your body spray on your carry-on bag.
Here is a quick answer: Body spray is allowed in both carry-on and checked bags, but only containers of 3.4 oz / 100 ml or less are allowed in carry-on bags, you can bring larger containers in checked baggage.
In this post, we will explore more about bringing body spray on a plane (the TSA rules ) and provide helpful tips for packing and using it during travel.
Let’s dive right in
👉 Check out my favorite SOLID Olympia U.S.A. Spinner, available in carry-on with a spacious interior, spinner wheels, and is compliant with most major airlines, check it out on Amazon.
Take Body Spray Through The TSA Security Checkpoint?
The TSA doesn’t specify anything about body spray on its website.
However; the TSA stated that any item that you can pour, pump, squeeze, spread, smear, spray, or spill will be subject to the TSA 3-1-1 liquid rule.
Just like Deodorant and sunscreen, body spray falls in this category so you can bring it through the security checkpoint, but you need to take only 3.4 oz / 100 ml containers and place them in a quart sized bag.
Jose wanted to bring this 4 oz body spray in his carry on .
The AskTSA Customer service replied that aerosol sprays must be 3.4 oz / 100 ml or less when packed in carry on bags.
Jose’s body spray is slightly above the allowed size with few OZS and if he want to risk it, it will depend on the TSA officer that he will encounter at the security checkpoint.
How Many Body Spray Bottle You Can Bring On a Pane?
In theory a quart sized bag means a total of 34 oz / 1000 ml, ( 10 containers of 3.4 oz / 100ml ) but the TSA does not restrict the number of toiletries you can place in a quart sized bag, so you take as many bottles as you fit inside a quart sized bag.
Here is the TSA confirmed that you can take as much as you fit of body spray inside a quart sized bag.
Bring Body Spray In Checked Baggage?
If you have larger aerosol containers that exceed the 3.4 oz / 100ml limit, you can pack them in your checked baggage.
However; there are also some limits.
Each container of body spray may not exceed 18 ounces / 500 ml when transported in checked bags.
You don’t nee to worry about these limits because most of the body spray containers do not exceed 10 oz / 300 ml .
How To Pack Your Body Spray For Your Next Flight?
Packing body spray is quite easy and simple process, you can just place your body spare inside your quart sized bag and you are good to go.
But here are some bonus tips to help you pack for your next flight :
- Use travel sized bottles: the TSA will not accept any large bottle even if the liquid inside is 3.4 oz / 10 ml, they care more about the container, additionally smaller containers will save you space and make things easy to pack in your carry-on bag.
- keep your quart sized bag easy to reach: you will be required to remove your liquids at the safety checkpoint, so ensure that the bag is accessible to avoid delays and any inconvenience at the airport so ensure that you place it near of the top inside your bag.
- Wrap the bottle : when packed in checked baggage ensure that you wrap your body spray in a plastic bag to prevent any leaks.
- Use alternative options: if you don’t want to bother yourself with the TSA and airport rules, you can consider alternatives, like body wipes, solid perfumes or perfume wipes, or you can just find a body spray at your destination.
- Using the body spray on the airplane: Smelling great and feeling fresh is important, and If you decide to use body spray during a flight, be mindful of the fellow passengers, only use a small amount and avoid spraying it directly on yourself or others. You don’t want to cause discomfort or allergies for your neighbors.
Whether you bring ax body spray or Victoria’s Secret body spray they are all considered a liquid in the eye of the TSA.
So you can only bring 3.4 oz / 100 ml containers in carry-on and place larger containers in checked baggage.
We hope this helps
Please share if you find the answer helpful.
People also ask: