Thai Lion Air is a fantastic airline that offers affordable and reliable travel options to passengers.
Even though you still need to know what to expect at the airport and how strict they are with carry on and checked luggage rules.
So here is everything you need to know about Thai lion air baggage allowance, and an overview about the airline luggage strictness.
Let’s dive right in.
Thai Lion Air Carry On Baggage / Unchecked Baggage
Tip: Travel with ease and confidence with this Amazon Basics 21-Inch Hardside Spinner. This durable carry-on features a spacious interior, four double spinner wheels, and is compliant with most airlines.
All Thai lion air passengers are allowed to carry with them on board the airplane one hand baggage with the following size and dimensions:
- Maximum weight of 7 kg
- The dimensions must not not exceed : 30 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm so it must fit the overhead cabin or under the seat in front of yours.
In addition to your standard carry on luggage a personal item (such as reading material, overcoat, handbag, pocket book, an umbrella, etc.) is allowed and free of charge.
Thai Lion Air Check In Baggage
The number of checked baggage you can check with Thai lion air depends on your booking class ticket and destination:
For domestic flights Guests with Premium Economy Class – are allowed to check 1 one piece of bag with a maximum of 20 kg in weight.
For International Flights, guests with Premium Economy Class are entitled for 30 kg in weight that can be combined in 2 pieces.
– Economy Class – N/A (All international route Except Bangkok to Colombo route*)
*Route Don Mueang – Colombo: For tickets issued before 29JUL19, checked Baggage shall be applied according to the condition on the passenger’s ticket.
Your checked baggage must have a tag with your name or other personal identification fixed on it.
Checked Baggage will be carried on the same aircraft as you unless we decide for safety, security or operational reasons to carry it on an alternative flight. If your Checked Baggage is carried on a subsequent flight, Thai Lion Air will deliver the same to you within a reasonable time of arrival of that flight unless applicable law requires you to be present for customs clearance. For health and safety reasons the Carrier will not accept any individual item exceeding 32 kg and with combined dimensions of more than 81cm height, 119cm wide and 119cm depth. This weight limit does not apply to mobility equipment
Thai lion air checked baggage cost
Thai Lion Air checked baggage fees vary according to your route or destination; for domestic flights You can purchase one 1 kilogram of luggage for Approximately 1 USD (30 BAHT ) ( 405 Baht for 20 kg = approximately 13 USD ).
For international flights the same rate will applied for checked baggage fees;you will be charged 1300 BAHT (43 USD) for 30 kg.
- How strict are american airlines on baggage size,weight and fees ?american airlines baggage allowance [Review]
- How strict is Qatar Airways on baggage allowance? Qatar Airways baggage allowance 2020
Thai Lion Air Baggage Restrictions
Thai lion Air carry on restricted items
For your safety and safety of all Thai Lion air passengers Guests the airline has some restrictions for certain items.
You need to have an overview about the following items and make sure they are compliant with the airline’s baggage restrictions.
All liquids, aerosols, and gels in carry-on baggage must be carried in containers with a capacity not greater than 100ml.
- Liquids carried in containers larger than 100ml. are not accepted, even if the container is only partially filled.
- Containers must be placed in a transparent re-sealable plastic bag with a maximum capacity of one litter.
- The plastic bag must be presented for visual examination at the screening point.
- Only one transparent re-sealable plastic bag per passenger may be permitted.
- Exemptions may be made for medications, baby milk/foods and passengers with special dietary requirements.
- The plastic bag must be presented separately from other cabin baggage at screening checkpoint.
- Items purchased either at airport duty free shops or on board aircraft must be packed in a sealed plastic bag, and not have been opened. Passengers may be required to display a satisfactory proof of purchase.
There is more chance Thai Lion Air staff will check the size and weight of your bags at the airport.
If the size or weight of the bag meets the requirements, then you are good to go on the other hand if a bag is oversized or overweight it will be subject to checked baggage rules.
So it is important to ensure that baggage meets the size and weight limits, before arriving at the airport.
We hope this helps
Disclaimer: some information is gathered from lionairthai.com to help simplify Thai lion air baggage allowance baggage allowance for our Guests.