So can you take body wash on a plane? and how much body wash can you take on your flight?
Traveling light with carry-on only and with a bag of toiletries can be complicated and challenging.
And cramming all your needs inside your bag while still in the carry on limits is almost impossible mainly as most airlines are picky about their luggage allowance, but with just some tiny arrangement you won’t need to leave anything behind including your body wash.
But can you bring your body wash on your flight?
Here is the short answer:
You can take body wash in both carry-on and checked luggage on most airlines however you are permitted only to bring 3.4 oz 100 ml for a single container in carry-on baggage, in other hand, you can take any amount of body wash inside you checked bag, meaning you can take full size body wash in your checked luggage with no problems.
This post will walk you through everything you need to know about traveling with your body wash, how much is allowed on planes, the TSA rules and the sole of the best travel size body wash to consider for your next adventure.
Without further ado let’s dive right in.
Tip: No matter how often you travel,you will need a GREAT suitcase or a backpack that suits your needs and take all your essential items, they have to be spacious and durable while fits within any airline luggage size and weight limits (Amazon links).
we may receive a small commission (with no additional cost to you) if you purchase an item from the links in this page, we really appreciate it!
Take Body Wash Through the Security Checkpoint
On its website, The Transportation Security Administration did not mention body wash specifically, but they mention liquid soap.
And the rules for taking liquid products through the security checkpoint and carry on like body wash, body spray, body mist or any type of toiletries are the same ” body wash are considered liquid, and the rules for taking any type of liquids in carry on luggage must be no more than 100 ml (3.4 ounces) for each container inside a transparent sealed quart size bag. Each traveler is only permitted to take one bag of liquids.”
Can You Put Body Wash In Your Carry-On Luggage?
As long as the airport security approved your body ash in the security checkpoint then you can place it inside your carry-on bag or personal item.
Ensure that you don’t take a full size body wash that is more than 100 ml / 3.4 oz in your carry-on luggage; otherwise you will be required to transfer it to your checked bag, you can always fill mini bottles and before placing them into the plastic bag.
So I checked Twitter to see some of the TSA answers.
Trevor wonders if he can take his 13.5 oz body wash as carry on. and the TSA replied hairspray and body wash are allowed only in carry-on luggage if they are in containers of 3.4 oz or less.
Can You Bring Body Wash In Checked Luggage?
You can take a full size body wash in your checked luggage without any problem.
For checked luggage , you can bring as much as you want of body wash in your checked luggage but each bottle must not exceed 18 oz / 500 ml ( and as long as it fits your checked luggage weight requirements). Most liquids in checked luggage do not have limitations as long as they do not contain flammable items.
@Pervy wonder if he is allowed to take a full size body wash and cologne in checked bag.
The TSA confirmed that body wash is allowed in checked baggage with no limits while cologne is allowed in checked luggage but each container must not exceed 18 oz/ 500 ml.
Can You Bring Full Size Body Wash On a Plane?
Yes, you can bring a full size body wash in your checked luggage without any limits if it is no more than 8 oz / 500 ml.
But in carry-on luggage you will need to split it in small containers, or you can just buy a full size bottle after the security checkpoint at airport duty free shops.
How Do You Pack Body Wash For Travel?
If you want to take your body wash inside your carry-on bag, you will need to take travel size containers, or the TSA approved size bottles as most travelers know them, or you can use refills like these Portable Travel Bottles on Amazon and place them inside your toiletry bag.
Traveling with toiletries will require to take as many bottles as you can in one quart sized bag, and it will depend on how much stuff you need for your trip.
You can check this video by Hey Nadine to learn more about packing toiletries including your body wash.
Best Body Wash Travel Size On Amazon
We’ve collected some of the best travel sized body wash from Amazon to help avoid any last minute surprises and keep your flight easy and lightweight.
If you need smaller containers for traveling overseas and if you don’t like the hotel’s soap or body wash, these smaller 3-ounce versions are just perfect for getting the same shower feel as you do at home.
- Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash ( Check the price on Amazon): Enriched with Shea butter and Vitamin B3 complex, the Olay ultra body wash will keep your skin hydrated and keep its balance, the pack consist from 3 bottles which are perfect for traveling, in addition the price is great as well.
- The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel ( Check the price on Amazon): The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel will give new energy to your skin, composed with grapefruit which is known with its benefits and keep the skin healthy, in addition it is only 2 oz / 56 ml.
- Olay Fresh Outlast Cooling White Strawberry & Mint Body Wash ( Check the price on Amazon): another lightweight astounding body wash to help your skin and create a refreshed feeling while you are on your trip.
- Bergman Kelly Travel Size Body Wash :Another perfect for travel size, tubes are more known that they are leakproof and stress free, the Bergman Kelly body wash are formulated with several ingredients that will keep your skin soft and comfortable.
You can bring body wash with most airlines without any issue, but only containers no more than 3.4 oz / 100 ml are allowed in carry-on baggage must be in a sealable quart sized bag, otherwise there are no limits to the amount of body wash you can bring inside your check bag.
If you want to bring a full sized bottle, you can buy body wash in more than 3.4 oz / 100 ml after you pass the security checkpoint and you don’t need to adhere to the TSA 3-1-1 liquid rule, However you may not find your favorite brand or they may be a bit overpriced.
People also ask:
- Can I Bring Mascara On a Plane?
- Can you bring shampoo on a plane?
- Can you bring a bar of soap on the plane?
- Can you take makeup on a plane?
- Can You Take Glass On A Plane?
- Can you take Hairspray on a plane?
- Can You Bring Toothbrush On a Plane?
- Can You Bring Tide Pods and Detergent On a Plane?
- Can You Take Lotion On A Plane?