Cayman Airways operates to more than 10 destinations.
And if you are planning to fly with them it is important to have an idea about their baggage allowance before you book your flight.
Even Cayman Airways baggage is still considered one of the most generous baggage policies in the industry.
The airline offers you the freedom to pack up to 55 lbs of your personal belongings in each bag (jet travel only) whereas most airlines limit you to 50 lbs per bag before charging excess baggage fees.
In this post we will cover everything you need about Cayman Airways baggage allowance, carry-on and checked baggage size and weight in addition to some tips to help you pack like a pro for your next flight.
Let’s dive right in.
👉 Check out my favorite SOLID Olympia U.S.A. Spinner, available in carry-on with a spacious interior, spinner wheels, and is compliant with most major airlines, check it out on Amazon.
Cayman Airways Cabin Baggage
Cayman Carry on baggage allowance as follows:
- Economy Class: one 1 piece of carry-on with the Dimensions :11″X16″X24″
- Business Class : one 1 piece carry-on Dimensions:11″X16″X24″
- Infants without a seat (age 0-23 months) are allowed to have a Collapsible stroller, diaper bag or car seat.
In addition to the one carry-on item, Cayman allows to bring one of the following items free of charge:
- One small personal article such as a briefcase, purse, day planner, small laptop computer, camera case, compact disk player or similar sized personal entertainment item
- Personal aid devices such as wheelchairs, braces, canes, crutches, prosthetic devices and walking sticks, provided passenger is dependent on them
- One infant article such as a small collapsible stroller, a diaper bag or a government approved child seat (larger strollers can be checked in the jetway prior to boarding the aircraft)
Do Cayman Airways weigh baggage?
Yes, Cayman baggage will be weighed and measured to make sure that it meets the size requirements for Transporting .
Baggage is measured by length + width + height. The dimensions of each measurement are added together to compose the total number of linear inches/ centimeters.
The bag’s thickest or widest part of the length, width and height will be measured.
- How Strict Is Volotea With Baggage?
- Is Interjet Carry On Strict?
- What is Copa Airlines baggage limits?
- How much luggage is allowed in Brussels Airlines?
Does Cayman Airways charge for bags?
Cayman Airways checked baggage allowance is as follows:
|Class||number of bags||size allowance||weight allowance|
|Economy Class||2 bags||62 inches or 157 centimeters (length + width + height)||55 pounds or 25 kilograms|
|Business Class||3 bags||62 inches or 157 centimeters (length + width + height)||55 pounds or 25 kilograms|
When traveling to Cayman Brac or Little Cayman via the Twin Otter Service; Baggage allowance is 55 lbs per person (combined weight of up to 2 pieces) and only one 15 lb carry-on, any excess will be charged US$0.50 per pound.
Cayman Airways knows that Its Guests may need to travel with an item that exceeds the size or weight limitations or is in excess of the free allowance. Additional fees will apply; and will be collected at the ticket counter.
|Additional Bag(s)||Overweight Bag||Oversized Bag|
|Above Free Allowance. Maximum of eight (8) bags||Over 55 lbs and not exceeding 99 lbs||Exceeding 62 linear inches (total length + width + height) but not exceeding 120 linear inches|
|US$50 per bag(s) 3, 4, & 5||US$50 per bag|
From 56lbs to 70lbs.
|US$75 per bag up to 55lbs|
for bag(s) up to 8 pcs
|US$75 per bag(s) 6, 7, & 8||US$75 per bag|
From 71lbs to 99lbs
The following items, irrespective of their actual dimensions, may be considered one piece and accepted in lieu of one piece of checked baggage whose outside linear.dimensions are 62 inches.
- One duffel bag, sea bag or B-4 bag.
- One knapsack, backpack or rucksack.
- One sleeping bag or bedroll.
- Any portable musical instrument (including its container) not exceeding 39 inches in length.
- One golf bag containing golf clubs and one pair of golf boots
- One set of fishing equipment
- One set of shooting equipment
The following items may be transported as checked baggage, The charge specified will apply to the items of sporting equipment, whether or not it is presented as a single piece. Sporting equipment must be securely encased to avoid protrusions.
- One set of golfing equipment
- One set of fishing equipment
- One set of scuba diving equipment with the regulator valve completely disconnected from the cylinder.
Scuba Diving Equipment – One empty scuba tank, one knife, one mask, One Snorkel, One Scone buoyancy compensator device, fins, wet suit and pressure gauge.
Fishing Equipment – One outfit: Can Include: Two Rods, one Reel, one landing net, one pair of fishing boots (all properly encased) and one fishing tackle box.
Note: No Spear fishing allowed in the Cayman Islands
Golfing Equipment – One golf bag packaged within a hard-shell case containing no more than 14 clubs, 12 balls and one pair of golfing shoes. Golf bag packaged within a soft-sided golf club travel bag, a limited release form would be required. Cayman Airways is not responsible for damages to sporting equipment when not properly packaged.
A non-motorized touring or racing single seat bicycle will be accepted passenger as a checked bag if:
- Bicycle is in a hard-sided case, bike bag or box built for bike transport
- Handlebars are fixed sideways
- Pedals are removed; or
- Pedals and handlebars are wrapped in plastic foam or a similar material
The Following items may also be included as checked baggage for a fee:
|Surfboards||USD $95 per board|
|Windsurfing||USD $95 per board||Consisting of one windsurfing board/one mask/One boom and sail. Accepted as checked baggage only|
|Ski Equipment||USD$95||One Outfit to include one pair of Ski bindings/ski boots, ski poles and skis. – Accepted as checked baggage only|
Find more about what to take in checked baggage in this post.
Here is some tips to help avoid any inconvenience at the airport including unexpected fees or delays:
- Check the dimensions and weight limits before you start packing.
- Use a measuring tape and check the size of your suitcase, including the wheels and handles
- pack light, take only what you need.
- consider compressing bags, they will help you fit more items inside your bag
- wear your heavy items
- Check the Airline for updates, it could be about baggage or anything before your flight
Disclosure:All information is pulled from The airline websites as a resource. Airline websites are the authority and can change at any time. For the latest information please visit the Airline website : www.caymanairways.com