What is Interjet baggage allowance? And how strict is Interjet with its carry on baggage?
Find out everything you need to know about Interjet Baggage allowance, before packing your bag.
In addition to the excess baggage and restricted items.
Let’s find out.
👉 Check out my favorite SOLID Olympia U.S.A. Spinner, available in carry-on with a spacious interior, spinner wheels, and is compliant with most major airlines, check it out on Amazon.
Interjet Carry On Baggage Allowance-Explained
What Is Interjet Carry On Weight And Size?
All passengers flying with Interjet are allowed to take on board 2 carry-on bags weighing up to 10 kg (22 lb) total combined weight.
The first piece can be a carry-on sized suitcase or roller bag, the second can be a personal item such as a handbag, laptop case, small backpack, purse, or camera bag.
The carry on weight must not exceed 22 lb 10 kg , with a Maximum size of 55 cm (21 in) x 40 cm (15 in) x 25 cm (9 in) and include wheels and handles.
How Strict Is Interjet Carry on?
The luggage you bring with you on board to the aircraft must not exceed 22 lb. As this type of luggage you can consider: Handbag, Laptop backpack, diaper bag and suitcase, which can be placed in the compartments above or below the seat
Please Make sure you read carefully Interjet restricted items bellow or in Interjet website; before packing your carry-on bags, so you don’t include any prohibited items within your carry on or checked baggage. If your carry-on baggage exceeds weight and size limits, it will be checked into the baggage hold.
- How Strict Is Sun Country With Personal Item?
- How Strict Is Virgin Atlantic Carry On?
- How Strict Is Volotea With Baggage?
Interjet allowed its Guests to have the following checked baggage allowance bellow:
- 2 bags standard
- Maximum dimensions: 62 inches or 157 centimetres (length + width + height)
- Maximum weight: 25 kilograms or 55 pounds
Interjet Extra Baggage
In addition of the standard checked baggage ,All Interjet fares are allowed to check up to 5 additional bags with an additional fee as follows:
- $550 MXN (approximately $30 USD) (on routes within Mexico).
- $30 USD (on routes from/to Latin America or the United States),
- $50 USD (on routes from/to Cuba) or $36 CAD (on routes from/to Canada).
please not that it is important to take into account the maximum dimensions of special baggage and the weight restriction of 25 kg (55 lb) per piece.
If any of your bags exceeds the maximum weight, the fees for one kilo is :
- $80 MXN (approx $5 USD)(on routes within Mexico),
- $8 USD (on routes from/to Latin America or the United States)
- $8 CAD (on routes from/to Canada).
This applies up to a maximum of 5 kg (11 lb), which means that each bag can weigh up to 30 kg (66 lb). In case you exceed your checked baggage allowance, please arrive at least 3 hours before your flight at the airport check-in desk to verify availability within our cargo area.
There are certain restrictions which you should take into account every time you travel, even depending on the destination you are flying. Avoid surprises and learn about what items are forbidden or have some restrictions.
For your safety and safety of all Interjet Guests,certain items may be prohibited from carrying on board Interjet Aircrafts or as checked in baggage:
Prohibited Items Within Your Carry on Baggage
- inflated balloons or balls,
- fishing rods,
- rain sticks,
- household tools,
- surgical or sharp instruments
- glass and prohibited objects in checked baggage
Prohibited Items Within Your Checked Baggage
- Flammable liquids or gases (gasoline, paint, gas charges).
- Firearms or explosives (ammunition, fireworks, signal flare, stun guns).
- Industrial or household products (bleach, aerosols, mercury or solvents).
- Matches or lighters.
- Corrosives (acids, wet batteries, etc.).
- Magnetized materials.
- Oxidizing materials (such as peroxide).
- Radioactive materials.
- Chemical substances.
- Portfolios or cases with installed alarm mechanisms.
- Fire extinguishers and other compressed gas cylinders.
Read more about what to take in checked baggage here.
Disclosure: Some information is pulled from The airline website as a resource. Airline websites are the authority and can change at any time. For the latest information please visit the Airline website ( Interjet ceased operations in December 2020 ).